Email settings for my community

Graham ridge Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

Hi everyone , im having email issues , with my community , first i have the spf and dkim records working and the ptr in progress. But my real question is the two values , owner email ([email protected]) and site notification email ([email protected]) what should they be? Are they correct like they are? The emails are through cpanel account. Thank you.

Replies
Catalan Graham ridge Replied 2 years ago

I havent tested it yet but i will let you know here

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 2 years ago

Did you test it, and if you tested it, does it work?
If there is any problem, I can try to help you!

Catalan Graham ridge Replied 2 years ago

Thank You all for the information it says it has a successful connection, so i will attempt to test it.

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 2 years ago

Well, I tried to sign up for a test account on your site (yiffzred.com) with a temporary email from temp-mail.org, but I didn't receive the verification email. That means that your website isn't configured to send emails properly.
To configure it properly, you need the SMTP plugin found here: https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP.
Here is a direct download link if you want to directly download the zip file:https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP/releases/download/6.2/SMTP.zip
You have to install the component on your OSSN site then go to the configuration page of the component.
There, you have to specify your SMTP Server, username, password, and port (provided by your host), then click save.
If everything is working, you will see a text reading "SMTP Connection successfully established" down the page.
If you have a problem, I will try to help you!

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Owner email is your email address
Notification email is non-existing email that sends automated message in your case it is fine.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions