Utf-8 problem for my ossn install

Graham ridge Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

enter image description hereHi, i am finding when people in my community use words like who'd in their text it generates unwanted characters in the text , is this related to UTF-8 compatibility with PHP or is that wrong? How would i fix this issue?

Replies
Catalan Graham ridge Replied 2 years ago

The situation has resolved itself. Thank you for your help Michael.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Well I'm just wondering about the file creation times on your second screenshot.
I mean the OssnWall folder size is 125 KB and I don't think you are using a 2400 baud modem to upload.
So how do you explain the 4 minute difference between creating ossn_com.php and the plugins folder? Most likely you didn't copy the complete folder as recommended, but transferred the files individually and simply forgot one or more files.

i updated the files now will it work again? i checked the community and the wall is gone now.
enter image description here

enter image description here

I have no idea about your 'cpanel filemanager'.
All I can tell is
- there should be a directory named compoments/OssnWall in your unzipped Ossn archive
- and the same directory does exist somewhere on your server
- and compoments/OssnWall on the server needs to be overwritten

The wall is gone from the site and in the admin area the component isnt showing "OSSN wall" where would i find the wall component to upload again?

Sorry , but where would i put the extracted files in the cpanel file manager? do i delete the old contents and put in the new ossnwall components?

disable Ossn cache on your Ossn admininstrator back.end
enter the page
https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/
click the green Code button
and Download ZIP
unzip the archive locally on your PC
copy the complete compoments/OssnWall directory to the equivalent location on your server
do that post->edit test again with a new post
and if it's working re-enable Ossn cache

I installed the emoji fix , but how do i fix the broken text? Thanks.

Yes, you reported the issue 3 weeks ago already here:
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/6093/eimoji-bug-in-ossn-64
And it has been fixed by Arsalan.
That is: you did not yet install his fix?

If i edit the post it shows the characters. Otherwise it seems to be fine. enter image description here