Ioncube installation not recognised when validating installation of Opensource Social Network

Peter Lane Posted in Technical Support 1 year ago

You will see from this link that it claims ionCube is not installed, but the software is both installed and licensed on my server. I have used the standard location in my system of /usr/local/ioncube, which appears not to be used by the socialnetwork software. However, is is recommended by ionCube that installations use an absolute path, rather than depend on using the environment variable PATH. How is its path to be indicated for thesocialnetwork software?

Response regarding installation on my server

Replies
gb Peter Lane Replied 1 year ago

Thank you. The matter is now resolved! :)

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

Plesk https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004966813-Which-PHP-versions-can-be-installed-via-Plesk-Installer

Sir, You are trying to install premium social network and ioncube loader need php 8.1, not php 8.+ not PHP 8.0 not PHP 8.2 but PHP 8.1 to make ioncuber loader 12 work

gb Peter Lane Replied 1 year ago

I am using Plesk. I had to install the loader myself. I also understand that your software requires PHP 8.+.

My provider has only installed PHP 8.0 and I cannot presently upgrade PHP or Plesk, due to an issue in my implementation of Plesk, which my provider is sorting out.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

Create a file called test.php and add

<?php
 phpinfo();

Then visit the url from browser example domain.com/test.php and see if ioncube enabled in your php?

ioncube loader doesn't require any license its free. I am not sure what you did and why you placed in /usr/local/ ?

Its php extension not a application itself.