How do I redirect a certain link in my ossn administrator panel?

TheDoggyBrad Software Lab Posted in Beginning Developers 1 year ago

How do I redirect a certain link in my ossn install?
For example, I am wanting to redirect the https://yourwebsite.com/administrator to https://yourwebsite.com/secreturl (I mean the whole path /administrator that means it includes /administrator/com_installer and etc.)

I am specifically wanting the admin page and the backend to be on a url that only me knows, to prevent hacking and more.

Second question, Can I remove the administrator option in the dropdown menu in ossn's admin account?

All of this are wanted by me to protect my social network.

The first question is inspired by W--d-p-e-s' plugin named Change -- Admin Login which I have used before.
The second one is just a thing I have thinked on.

Note: They are not security vulnerabilities. Just a question for my personal modifications.

Replies
ph TheDoggyBrad Software Lab Replied 1 year ago

Thanks @Arsalan Shah for that info.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

It is not possible to do that.

Basically, changing a link not redirecting and disabling the link that it replaces.

Example:
•Disable /administrator
•Creates /secreturl which redirects to /administrator

Correction: How to disable a certain link and create a new link to the disabled link?

Not actually redirecting, as it will be still hacked.

.menu-topbar-dropdown-administration
{visibility: hidden; max-height: 0; max-width: 0}
CSS Update - To make it almost hidden

Still need help on changing the administration link so that if an hacker hacks the admin account he will not cause a damage in the platform. Atleast if the hacker logins in the frontend, the administration page is now safe but not the backend.

The administrator option was sucessfully hidden by me on the frontend.

Custom CSS:
.menu-topbar-dropdown-administration
{visibility: hidden; display: none}

In case that a hacker accidentally logins in the admin account atleast it will be little safe but not the known /administrator page.

Still need help on changing the administration link.