Suggestion for OSSNMessages

Dominik L Posted in General Discussion 6 months ago

Hello! I have 2 suggestions for OSSNMessages.

Like on other social media platforms, It would be a good idea, if you could close chats and if chats not automatically open:

For example: you are opening OSSNMessages using "see all" and you get the list of all existing chats, but also automatically the newest chat in the list is opening.

1. please don't just automatically open the last chat -> just show the list and let the user decide, which chat he wants to open and which one he want to left unread
  2. give the possibility to close chats, so you're still in the chat list but no chat is open.
Replies
vn Brian Wilsonrt Replied 6 months ago

Hello, boss You must have a happy boss day! We owe you the utmost gratitude for helping to create a relaxed and welcoming work atmosphere. lewdle

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 months ago

Ok

German Dominik L Replied 6 months ago

As I already said

Never mind, misunderstood your comment.

See this issue as closed

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 months ago

Because sometimes I get messages, I don’t wanna read now, but if I click on messages, the chat automatically opens

Well the last time this is exactly you requested from us and its implemented in core.

Never mind, misunderstood your comment.

See this issue as closed

Because sometimes I get messages, I don’t wanna read now, but if I click on messages, the chat automatically opens

So the message is already read and when I want to answer the message later because it’s a bigger message which needs more time to answer and I don’t have the time now the message is already read and I forget to answer it later

Just a simple example

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 months ago

I remember you requested something like that already in August:
https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues/2283
and at least 1.) comes implemented with the latest Ossn.
In fact there's no dedicated 'Close' button, but you may click on 'Messages' again to return to a page with the right half closed.
But why do we need that at all? Why not simply select another member to chat with - as the former one will disappear automatically?