HTTP ERROR 500 after flushing the site cache

Len Kaiser Posted in Technical Support 4 months ago

Hello, just installed this today and on Chrome I had an issue where I was getting an error message about the site redirecting too much. So I did a bit of research and a recommendation I found online was to purge the cookies in the browser. I did this with Chrome and it did not fix the problem. So I opened MS Edge and opened the site from there, logged in and then flushed the cache, now I have this error on all browsers and I cannot get it to come back up.

Replies
us Len Kaiser Replied 3 months ago

Ok so I was able to get the site back up on Chrome, but Edge is still showing this error message:

ERRTOOMANY_REDIRECTS

I tried clearing the cookies on Edge but it did not work.

Awesome, thanks for the info. When I logged in via FTP I noticed that the system directory is completely missing for some reason. Not sure what happened there, but I'm right now re-upping everything skipping the files that are already there & adding the ones that are missing. I'll post back on the results.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 months ago

Thanks for providing the log file, Len.

Unzip the Ossn installer zip file on your PC.
Then use your FTP- or similar tool to copy the complete system directory back in place to your server.

For some reason I cannot reply with the system info and there is no attachment feature for me to attach a text file with the info. At the end of the system info test there was a fatal error. Perhaps it has something to do with the problem?

FATAL: Ossn initializing failure - check the last lines of your error_log file
or run ossninfo.php?view=files (Again there is no error file so running this did not produce the file)

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/system/start.php' (includepath='.:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/ossninfo.php:827 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/ossninfo.php on line 827
Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/system/start.php' (include
path='.:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/ossninfo.php:827
Stack trace:

0 {main}

thrown in /home/xxxxx/satanbook.com/ossninfo.php on line 827

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 months ago

Follow the instructions of
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error-issue
CASE A.
and provide the error logfile. It should show the reason for your issue.