Ossn version scheme from v4.0 and onwards thought

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 9 years ago

Hi there,

I am thinking to change current version scheme (1.1, 1.2....1.x) to scheme similar to Ubuntu version scheme v.xx (v4.00, v4.3. v4.6, 4.9).

V => is Ossn version
XX => Month number

The default cycle for each version release will be after 3 months.

The purpose to change version scheme is to provide stability , no more releases many times a month. Allow team members to focus more on features.

Before release there will be beta release for tests and requires users to post tests results on our version tests page.

Test Example:

Server Environment Details : Centos 5.5, PHP xx, Mysql xx.........

• Account Creating [WORKING]
  • User Delete [WORKING]
  • Component/Theme Installer [WORKING]
  • OssnWall [NOT WORKING]
  • Messaging [WORKING]
  • Theme [Working]

Thanks

Replies
mx Jorby Joel Colin Baños Replied 8 years ago

Recién me incorporo a esta red, y estoy con ganas de apoyar a las personas en mi idioma, y estoy ansioso por ver la versión 4.0

ve Alex Hernández Replied 9 years ago

Hi guys, I understand how you want to do Arsalan, but additionally propose that the demo page to be used for the purpose of testing things mediated being created (but without releasing the code), JUST TESTING, so the community at large help in test the features and discover bugs.

I am willing to be part of a group that is responsible to devote at least a few hours a day just to test the features of the site, a beta tester.

What do you think?

Google traslate

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

I feel like a drug user needing a fix. LOL. Link man! We need a link!

I'm anxious to see ver 4. I'm hoping the comment system steps up with a few more functions. In the meantime I'm going back to relearn PHP and put some notes together for some ideas I have for components. I have 2 of my websites set up on OSSN ver 3.7 at the moment. I have a 3rd site set up on HumHub which I am looking at switching to OSSN. All are welcome to come by and take a look at the sites.

The site at CegWall is a general site...no specific theme. The Missing! site is set up to focus on missing persons and searches.

https://cegsdesk.byethost18.com/cegwall/
https://cegsdesk.byethost18.com/missing/

Breton Felipe Trote Replied 9 years ago

This idea and really good

ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 9 years ago

okay

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Any one can grab and post tests results.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Abayomi Oladipupo, you misunderstood, its example for tests.

ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 9 years ago

But Arsalan, Why is Wall not working in the upcoming version 4.0 that will be released, is there no wall post going to be available there?

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

I would like to sign up to be a beta tester.