I would like to create a forum but...

Carlos Corrente Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Hi, I would like to create a forum, but there is no plugin to do this

Is there anyway to do it or where i can find it?

Thanks in advance!

Replies
Portuguese Carlos Corrente Replied 9 years ago

Zet, i don't expect that people work for free of course, but this script it's not made only for me, but for everyone that buy and pay for a domain and ossn it's on Softaculus and Instalatron...
We pay for the domain, you guys should be rewarded ...

us Jeremy Monroe Replied 9 years ago

You need to check the version of OSSN the forum plugin states it will work with. It's saying wrong file format because you are probably downloading a forum plugin for OSSN ver 2.0 and have OSSN ver 3.x installed. What is the name of the forum plugin? And which author created it?

Just because you get this error doesn't mean the forum plugin doesn't work nor is anything wrong with OSSN.

One must read, study, learn little grasshopper.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

@Carlos
Yeah, I think I understand what you mean: You want the team to spend much more time on OSSN.
So, let's get concrete: How many hours per day do you expect other people working for you for free?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

There is no forum plugin available yet, you have to be patience.

"as usual" because since i am trying this script i notice that some plugins dont work or its impossible to upload them, the same happen with themes, basic funtipns are missing and this ossn script have long time as I can see, and after all in the end its a nice script, beautifull front and admin page, and looks like people just forgot about this.

and belieave me, ossn can be better even with the basic funtions,
but needs more work...

you know what I mean?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

What do you want to tell us with "as usual"?
File a detailed bug report and we might get a chance to understand what you are talking about.

I found a forum plugin, but as usual, it doesn't install...
wrong file format, but its a ZIP one lol

any possible solution?

Thanks!