Friend requests

Darren B Posted in General Discussion 9 years ago

Hello,

If I create an account and sign on to the home page, and my friend does the same, how do you join with that friend so you can see posts on their wall? I cannot find anything in the friends section where you can ask them to be your friend? I am not sure what version I am running, but it is from November. Is there a more recent version I should be using?

Replies
vn Wesley Morris Replied 1 year ago

Because what was posted was authorized to be viewed by the searcher. This is determined by the level of visibility the original poster assigned to the original post pacman 30th anniversary. For instance, if you posted to a friend's wall and restricted its visibility to just the two of you, only the two of you will be able to view it.

However, if you post on a friend's wall and make it visible to everyone on the planet, anyone with the proper permissions could potentially view it if their search retrieves it.

gb Jordan Sheppard Replied 9 years ago

Darren B do a dropdown menu itll be one less thing the team have to then develop and then they can work on other features ;) lol

Darren B Replied 9 years ago

Thank you for the information. I started trying this functionality now, and have a few questions. After finding the friend and requesting to be friends, I go to the other profile and can see that I have a request pending. If I try to confirm the friendship, it says "cannot add friend" in yellow and the link is not created. Is this a known issue? Also, I requested to be friends from the first profile again, and now there are 2 links on the other account to confirm the friendship, but both links are saying "cannot add friend".

As a side bar discussion, do you have plans on having an ajax style search bar similar to facebook? So if you type in "jo" in the search bar, a dropdown list would appear that might have Joe, Joseph, john, etc. so you can pick them instead of clicking the search button? I didn't want to try and develop that type of functionality if it was already planned to be done in a future release.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Sathish, there is nothing to do with friend request in v2.0

@Darren B, if you go to your friend profile you can see Add Friend button

in Sathish kumar Replied 9 years ago

wait for 2.0 it will be released at the end of jan . you will have the requirements..