Join A Community With Facebook Credentials

Jeremy Monroe Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

Is there a component or plans to create a Join using facebook credentials component? Thanks.

Replies
us Jeremy Monroe Replied 8 years ago

I don't see a need to have the plugin import the data other than username and password and email address. It would be cool if once successfully authenticated, it grabs your url to your facebook profile and adds it to your profile on OSSN site.

Just a thought

us Mike Flynn Replied 8 years ago

Is there work going on to be able to use your facebook credentials to import data from your facebook account to open source social network system?

Great news Arsalan. Thanks for the update.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

Softlab24 team is working on it, https://www.softlab24.com/blog/view/65/login-with-facebook

But i suggested them to create a multiple social accounts login like twitter, facebook etc.

It isn't about making data available to Facebook or Google+, it's a matter of solving a problem. The problem being most online users want ease and fast. So, clicking on a join using Facebook button solves just that. I find that there are numerous people who will not join a site because they have to type all their information in, unless it's a site they absolutely need in order to get something.

Maybe I am wrong in my thinking, but I think it would be beneficial for many.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Don't know whether there's something planned like that,

but anyway: I wouldn't spend some extra time on setting up an Ossn based community first, in order to make my data available to Facebook or Google+ in the end. :)