OSSN To Do List for future versions

Jeremy Monroe Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

A couple things I would like to see OSSN do:
1) User has the ability to choose to view friends posts or public posts on the wall--not only admin ability.
2) Likes or comments on a users post, picture upload, profile picture change, etc send a notification to user informing them of the said comments--currently not consistent on sending out notifications.
3) Report abuse/spam/sexually explicit content capability by user to admin for reviewing of posts.
4) Reminder email to validate email account after 24 hours sent to newly registered user.
5) Pages--Ability to create pages similar Facebook (basically just a page with title, info, and a sub-wall to post comments and like things.

Replies
us Jeremy Monroe Replied 8 years ago

I would also like to see whether built in or component that could allow admins to post up system wide message at the top of the wall. Something that would let users know of a new feature coming or a fix that was done etc.

Turkish Fatih Bayram Replied 8 years ago

Registration via invation code

That sounds great Arsalan. These features will enhance OSSN that much more.

Thanks

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

The final list of the things that shall be implemented in v4.2 :

1. User has the ability to choose to view friends posts or public posts
    on the wall--not only admin ability
  2. @Mentions (only friends).
  3. Self Account Delete.
  4. Hashtag support.

I agree @zetman That is important for someone to have the ability to do in my opinion.

Also, maybe when you're replying like I just did and use the @username, jquery window displays with username you are wanting to reference and notifies them they are being spoken to/about in a comment.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

ability for regular members to delete their accounts

Hashtags are a good idea as well.

French Antoine thierry Replied 8 years ago

1) LDAP Connector
2) #hashtag in status/posts
3) #hashtag search engine

Good to hear that some of these will be implemented soon. I know that I never receive the email notifications regarding someone liking or commenting on my status or pictures. Not sure if anyone else is but I do know that the emails are being sent out whenever a member joins and needs to validate their account. Out of over 400 members, only 23 people need to validate. Either way...its roughly a month old and growing and glad to have some new features to look forward to. Thanks OSSN :-)

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

Here are few points which may can help you guys:

1.) You will see this in OSSN V4.2
2.) This already exists : https://www.softlab24.com/product/view/78/notifications-via-email.
3.) You will see in OSSN V4.2
4.) This requires a CRON , not every server supports CRON , but we are still thinking about this.
5.) Developer from SOFTLAB24 LTD told me that they are working on this.