Notifications via Email does not work after 4.2

Sally Kirtomy Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

After updating 4.0 to 4.2 I installed the component Notifications via Email (which I bought) but it does not work any longer. No notification are sent.

Thanks in advance
Sally K.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

With Ossn Premium please contact Softlab24 support at

https://www.softlab24.com/contact

us Eric Horton Replied 7 years ago

Hello, I just purchased the premium version, one of the main reasons was so my users would get email notifications of likes, messages, comments, friend requests. This feature we installed by OSSN team, but it doesn't work. I enabled ERROR_REPORTING, but no errors.

Please help. Social Media sites are useless if users don't get notified.

German Sally Kirtomy Replied 8 years ago

What did you do, friends? Suddenly it works again! Yipiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks for trying to help me, but I will GIVE UP OSSN.
It is giving me too many problems after each update, I have not the time and the skills to fix that each time.
sorry

Sally K.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Well, I just gave OSSN 4.2 and Email Notifications 4.0 a try: no basic problems.

To crosscheck:
Please, log in again to my site and leave a newfeed posting that I can comment on. Or like, if it's a nice one. :)

Meanwhile: switch on error reporting from your admin's panel and check whether there's anything pointing to your problem in the error_log file.

Then, disable any other non-default components and check whether this makes a difference.

I did so, but the Notifications via Email does NOT work under OSSN v. 4.2

Sally K.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

Try to replace classes/OssnMail.php with your Ossn v4.1 /classes/OssnMail.php