Creating a Social Blog with OSSN Components

J W Posted in Component Development 8 years ago

Hey Community!

I'm Jules, a 21 years old Media Designer from Germany. For quite a long time i've been thinking and planing to create a Blog and write about Jazz. But for me it had to get much more social then a conventional Blog. In Ossn i think i've found the right tools to adopt the main functionality and add custom Components.
I started learning to code two month ago. Usually i'm kind of fast in diving into new things, but creating new custom components for ossn still is a challenge for me.

I need the following functionalities and i would appreciate any ideas or references on how to accomplish them:

Index-Blog :
I need to establish a blog on the index which previews some articles and video embeds.
Users need to be able to see this Blog whether they are logged in or not. My current idea bases on copying the Ossnwall Component to modify it, because here logged in users should get the possibility to like the posts. Non-loggedin users should just not see the like or comment sections of the posts. A Dummygroup or Dummyprofile could be used to get referenced as friend guid for these posts then relate to the Index Blog objects. Alternative may be to select the posts by type and create a new Blogpost type in the objects list.

Also the Index Blogpost types will need to get a custom css design here.

This may be a more simple one
I got kind of confused during my resarch for this kind of component or php function and it seems like theres currently no way to see all posts i liked as a user. So i thought about creating a component for this. So identifying the user by his id and get all his liked posts from the likes db table. What i found was the function isLiked() which may be helping to get the ossn_likes table filtered according to the users id. Maybe someone may have an idea for this?

kind regards
Jules

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Just to have a starting point which way to put your custom stuff onto the index page you may have a look at
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1926/helloworldindex

It's beyond my time and capabilities to offer more detailed help right now.