Forpsi.com hosting does not install

Ota Lunak Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

This hosting provider uses Softaculous 4.7.7 - and it does not install OSSN. When installing by ftp,
I had to rem Option SymlinksIfOwnerMatch. Then "by hand" installation started, but locked on data directory. root is /, web directory is /www but neither /ossndata or /www/ossndata with "777" rights does not works. Pls advice. Thanks

Replies
cz Ota Lunak Replied 7 years ago

Finally installed :-))

Thanks!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

From within your original Ossn installation package move to installation -> configs
and use a simple text editor like notepad++ to remove the line from htaccess.dist.

This is the file which will be copied later on to .htaccess

In case you need to find other parts of code, see
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1137/how-to-find-a-string-a-pattern-of-words-in-the-source-code

After all, it seems that SymlinksIfOwnerMatch in .htaccess makes the problem. Is it possible to limit somewhere rewriting .htaccess, to not try to write SymlinksIfOwnerMatch to .htaccess, and continue install? SymlinksIfOwnerMatch is not allowed at my provider and prevent me to install OSSN... thanks for advice.

Thanks, the path is /web/htdocs3/zapnise/home/www so your advice was helpful :-) Thanks!

Thanks, I will ask.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Please ask your hosting provider which way your webspace is mapped to the server's directory structure. We can't see it from here, thus we can't help.

result is "Invalid data directory or directory is not writeable."