Upgrading for dummies

Dro Ameh Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

I installed my website via softaculous and don't seem to get how to upgrade. Please, I can get a step by step procedure on how to upgrade - if I tried http://docs.opensource-socialnetwork.org/index.php?title=How_To_Upgrade_Ossn -- but still couldn't.

I am absolutely new to web design/programming - upgrading prodcedure for dummy, anybody?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

We have only 1.8 stable version, once 2.0 releases your software should automatically be updated by Softaculous.

EDITED: What i meant was once v2.0 releases a new update in Softaculous should be available.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

There are admins who prefer to install software via Softaculous, and there are others who do it via FTP, SSH or a filemanager. I don't wanna start a discussion here which method is the better one, but there's a basic rule which is worth to know and to stay with:
Don't mix Softaculous with any of the other methods.
Thus, if Ossn offers an option to be installed by Softaculous, it has to have an option to be updated by Softaculous. The main work of Softaculous is done under the hood. And all of a sudden the admin is confronted with "source files" and "non-core" components" to remove, to backup, to install!? No good idea.

in Sathish kumar Replied 9 years ago

did u copy and replace the old file with new file ?

Dro Ameh Replied 9 years ago

i have done that earlier, says no upgraade and still can't installer some component. see the screenshot

ng Moneya Replied 9 years ago

it's simple as the documents says..
login as a adminstrator
visit yoursite.com/upgrade/upgrade.php

That's all