Edit existing component: Ads Manager

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 7 years ago

The Ads Manager needs some work, i would like the ads to be manually put on different pages of the news feed, right now it add over 12 ads in the ads manager, the ads go past the page numbers on the news feed, which makes the ad placement hard to sell. Solution: either make the ads to be placed manually of different pages, so that there could be a difference in prices for the ads, or make the news feed a continuous stream page like Facebook and that way, the ads can keep going down.

Replies
Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 7 years ago

Hi,

it is possible to use ad server and link it to OSSN sidehtml window as normal ad.

https://www.revive-adserver.com/

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 7 years ago

Hi Guys, i wanted to ad some ideas to the ad manager update to whoever will be picking up this project.

"Rally Homelancer's suggestions"
- time slot (between what time until what time, or choose dates to show)
- limit number of times to show
- number of times the ads was shown

Added:
- Site user to post and create ads
- Payment Method: Visa, Master Card etc, to pay for ad spots.
- Widgets
- Ads to be shown in certain geographical locations only
- Business support tools, like INCREASE TRAFFIC, ENGAGEMENT AND SALES Encourage people to visit your website or store, download your app or purchase products. Etc

ph Rally Homelancer Replied 7 years ago

Hi Daniel,

That image utilizes the "Homelancer Custom Fields" (or HCF) and the "About Me" Add-on.

The About Me add-on is actually hardcoded with the fields defined from the HCF. The About Me add-on wont work without the HCF installed.

Softlab24 has a similar component called Custom User Fields. I guess they could also come up with the same layout for the About User.

Thanks Rally, So please enlighten me on how to achieve this:

enter image description here

The Homelancer Tools and Add-ons manager component can only handle Add-ons. It cannot install Components.

Use the regular Components Installer of Ossn to install components.

Hi Rally, Thanks for that bit of information, i will be checking out that new component very soon.
I am having a bit of difficulty using the Homelancer Tools and Add-ons manager component, I cannot seem to successfully upload a "About User" component to the add-ons manager, it is always failing to upload, can you offer any assistance in this matter?

I'm not sure if I can do this here. So forgive me if i'm not allowed.

On my http://homelancer.com/ossn/ I have a Homelancer Scroller that allows infinite scrolling on your Ossn home page instead of clicking on pagination buttons.

The commercial version 1.1 also adds infinite scrolling to Newsfeed, Homelancer Custom Fields, Administrator Users List, Search Users, Search Groups, Forum.

Infinite scrolling replaces the pagination buttons and when scroll your pages going down, the rest of the paged content are added. Just like that on the Facebook that adds the content as you scroll down.

On the Ads Manager itself, I'm working on that but it's currently on hold as I'm currently working on a Wordpress project.

Hello, is anyone working on the updated ads manager component? for my social network to be successful, this component needs updating with the features that Rally Homelancer recommended plus any other update that will make this component more informative and user friendly to the admin and potential customers

Yes Rally, Exactly what i was saying, The Ads Manager needs more.