Reposition the cover photo in user profile.

Poonam Sehrawat Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

I was unable to reposition the cover photos in user profile on mobile devices. Once a user clicks on "Reposition" there is no way the cover image to be moved to a desired position. Is there a fix for it? thanks

Replies
Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 6 years ago

Dear Zet,

I Stop replying because i found your last reply rude.

1. I was using iphone 6 earlier where I was unable to reposition the cover page and turned to the community for help.
  2. I was using iphone 4s when I was unable to see the buttons after installing your component.
  3. Still I tried on iphone 6s and 6 Plus after installing your component. Sometime the buttons pops up but nothing happen when I click. still Unable to reposition the cover photo.
  4. I do not have a URL of my community as it has not been started. I am using local server to test OSSN. I do not want to use a software which still lacks the basic functionality to start the community , such as :
    a- No multipal upload of photos in news feed.
    b. Unable to delete the old messages, notifications,
    and etc etc.

However, I am still looking for possibilities if I can make use of OSSN for my community.
Have a good day.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Poonam,
we're unable to proceed solving your issue if you're not answering our questions.
So again:
Don't you see no buttons at all when you're opening the profile page?
Or do you see the buttons - but clicking has no effect?

And please install the system info component and provide the url of your site.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

And no: I can't follow anymore.

In the beginning you said: "...Once a user clicks on "Reposition" there is no way the cover image to be moved to a desired position."

While in the component section you say: "I tied to change the orientation from portrait to landscape on iphone 4s but regret I cant see the buttons at all on both the positions."

?!?
If you don't see no buttons at all - how can you click the "Reposition" button then?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

I'm sorry, but I have no device like that available. Maybe someone else can give it a try...

Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 7 years ago

Thanks for the component Zet. I am using an iphone 4s browser safari and still there is no option to change or reposition the cover photo. Please have a look into it.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Yes, the current Ossn release actually lacks dragging support on touchscreen devices.
There's a component available now which is hopefully fixing this issue. See https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/2571/touchpunch
Feel free to check it out and send some feedback.