About the new Feedback Component update

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

Hello Team,
I really liked the free new Feedback Component, i think it is a good idea. I would like to see if the feedback component could be visible to the subscriber of the OSSN site to see the current users experience. It would be nice to see the comments and the star rating for the new subscribers to see how people view your unique OSSN Social Network so that your subscription's will increase.
Let there also be an option to delete the dangerous and bad comments.

Thanks

Replies
us Andy Coy Replied 2 years ago

@arsalan Shah Yes I have the standard feedback installed, however I’m looking for a feedback component that allows members to give feedback and rate other members… Do you know of such a component? Thanks Andy

us Andy Coy Replied 2 years ago

Has anyone developed a feedback/rating component similar to Yelp? Where users could give feedback and ratings to other users? I am very interested in a component like this.

Afrikaans James Murphy Replied 6 years ago

Thank you for this useful component. At first I wondered after enabling it where it was. Cleared out my browser history, cookies etc, Logged in and there she was. Many thanks for this. Keep up the excellent work.

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Hi Arsalan,
The component works well, Thank you for your help. I am sure that my users will appreciate seeing the views, comments and points of views, of their fellow users, while still giving me "The Admin" control over the negative comments or profanity that could make their way on the network.
In all... A very good Component. Thanks

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Ok here is the unofficial component in the way you wanted ; https://files.softlab24.com/index.php/s/d4ETQFQH7cfWncJ

You can remove the feedback's (in official version too) from administrator panel. This will list the feedback's link in sidebar. User can only view the feedback's

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

I understand what you are saying Zet Man, but you are miss understanding what i mean when i say "Let there also be an option to delete the dangerous and bad comments."
I believe this option should be included because there are some people that would purposely and maliciously put negative comments or profanity just because they are wicked, I did not mean to delete the constructive criticism that someone would have or their difference of opinion.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

I see this component to be intentionally meant to help admins improving their site in a serious way based on honest feedback.

Removing 'bad' comments means you're not really willing to listen to your members. And providing a this way sugarcoated result to the public would be another step making people learn in the end that trusting you wasn't a good idea.

If you're really aiming at things like that: Make friends with the FakeUser and FakePostings components. That's a much simpler way to get hundreds of "Hey this site is fucking great !!!" responses. 😎