Music Component for Original music and artist.

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

Hello Support team,
I have an idea for a new component that i believe would benefit the site and the musicians in your area. I propose a Music uploading section where the musician can put up their original music on the network to find exposure for their music, and for them as an artist, a place where businesses or anyone can go to hire an act for an event. When uploading an original, the artist can add details about the track like producer, song writer, singer's name etc, and then on the other end, the person who wants to listen to the original music can pick from genera and create a playlist or something. Just an idea, I don't know if the OSSN network would support that kind of idea, and i am not sure if this is something people may want, but where i come from, in the Caribbean, e have loads of great musicians who just need the support and a place to put their music to attract followers.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Hmm ... basically I could imagine something based on the Video component with some more options, but I doubt there's a real demand.
At least in Europe - and I think in the US too - Soundcloud has become the standard and preferred platform for promoting own musical stuff. The other option artists are using is simply uploading their video to Youtube