Is there a way to change the conferm email

Chip feldman Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

Hello
I am having an issue with my server and emails. all emails are being blocked as spam
is there a way to use another email like gmail or is there a way to just auto confirm.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Arsalan told you already: You can't. These kind of errors are thrown because of limited server resources. Change to a different provider or a plan with more resources, and that's it.

Besides of that: Please keep topics seperate. Have in mind that this forum comes with a search function, and it makes sense to keep the logical relation between questions and answers intact and useful.

us Chip feldman Replied 6 years ago

Now if I could just fix the 503 error on groups page

Thanks! Aaron Michael,
That worked great!

us Aaron Michael Replied 6 years ago

Your welcome!

You need to do the same thing for the OssnInvite plugin. Navigate to yourinstallfolder\Components\OssnInvite\locale\ossn.en.php and edit line 19 the same way. just replace %s with something not spammy.

Cool Thanks Aaron.I will Try that

us Aaron Michael Replied 6 years ago

I had the same problem. I'm creating an adult site and the wording in the email subject was keeping the validation emails from being accepted by gmail, yahoo, and such, AT ALL. It didn't even show up in spam. You need to go to locale/ossn.en and change the the %s on line 107 (if opened in notepad++, may be different in other editors) to something else. I used this...

> "ossn:add:user:mail:subject" => "Please confirm your email address for our site!",

You can use whatever you want. Hope this helps.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

You can turn off see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/243/user-auto-validation

You can find the error in error_log file if 'system error has occurred' message appears

After I asked them to fix the email this is what I get.
A system error has occurred. Please try again later. You may email the details of this error to the system administrator at [email protected]
I think that the hosting provider is doing more harm then good!

The software have nothing to do with it. Yea I no and I ave asked them to fix it and now the site is down.
I was just wondering if there was a way to turn off the email confirm or use something like gmail

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

The emails goes into spam or didn't even arrives into your mailbox? The answer to both of is this is directly related with your hosting provider, try to contact them with the issue.

The software have nothing to do with it, your hosting provider need to fix that.