Windows operator system CAN RUN the social media app

Douglas Simao Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

Can anything try to explain it to me why this softlab24 team keep saying the app wont work in a windows OS?

Do they have any deal with linux that keep forcing people to use it!?

Is it not just PHP!?

I am running it in a Windows OS without any problem!

Replies
us 100Max 100Max Replied 5 years ago
  • Hmmm I don't see a New Topic button... may wanna fix that eh?
    or maybe I over looked it.. I looked pretty good though. lol

• Anyone know the trick to get this working on windows?
    • Windows: APACHE! - PHP! - MYSQL!
    • If it works on apache, php, and mysql. then it should also work on windows.
    • for it's running on the same things. indeed. :-/

• I'll eventually get it to work....

• but maybe a quick fix for windows apache?
      And no I'm not running another virtual server.. I already am for an old game server.
    • It's kinda difficult to fix other peoples coding when I see NO errors. :-/
      ... otherwise itta took me like 5 seconds.. to fix any errors.

• Install goes great. and that's about it. lol!

• well the install works great. huhuh...
    • All it loads is a blank page. nice. not.
      ... my php edits load up fine though on the blank page. hmmm...
    • Maybe load a virtual windows and see for yourself. yup.
      Otherwise... ur missing out on more people using this. indeed.
      Oh well.. I'll fix it when I can.. and indeed I will too.
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

Vijay, I don't really understand what you mean. The question was about running OSSN on a Windows server rather than Linux. I would again suggest to anyone who wants to go this route to use the VM image. As long as your network settings are already properly configured, it will let you get OSSN up and running in a matter of minutes. The one downside is that it's still using v4.3.1. Would be nice if someone took the time to upgrade to v5.0.

in Vijay Singh Replied 5 years ago

Hi,
Both server databases are different from each other, You can just read it from here. This is a combine of All Social Network Application. Use social network apps a single application. It contains all popular social networking sites and one can access your favorite social media such as Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest, LinkedIn, Telegram, Tumblr and many more through this app.

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

well, technically MariaDB and MySQL are not the same db server, but they're very similar. MariaDB actually originated from the version of MySQL that was out right before Oracle bought the company. A few developers disliked the direction that Oracle was going to take things, so they left and forked the version they had (open source) into something new called MariaDB. You can read about it here: https://blog.panoply.io/a-comparative-vmariadb-vs-mysql

I think the main reason this thing between MariaDB vs MySQL comes up is because the XAMPP package (which a lot of people use to quickly install php + apache + db server) used MySQL in the past, but currently uses MariaDB. for all practical purposes (especially if you use something like phpMyAdmin to manage your databases), I don't think there are any compatibility issues between MariaDB and MySQL.

gb Douglas Simao Replied 6 years ago

now you saying that MySQL and MariaDB are two different database servers.

I can see why you keep saying it does not support in windows...

Hi, Thanks again, yes I wont ask anything how to make it work in this platform or that

I just wont want softlab saying they wont give this or that to me cust it is not supported in the plaftom I am working, as I can see your give is give the software now if it wont work that is not your problem but the user/owner problem

Regards

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

you could also just get the Virtual Machine Image linked at the bottom of every page. WMWare Player is free and works on Windows, Mac, almost every other OS. That allows you to run a Linux virtual machine within your Windows setup, and the image is already preconfigured, so it's incredibly easy if you've used virtualization software before, and not that hard to figure out if you haven't.

ch OSSN SYSTEM BOT Replied 6 years ago

Please note that by Open Source it doesn't mean the software and the code is yours, the license allows you to use the software doesn't means you can do anything with it. We hope you will not ask that why its not working on ruby on rails or on the tomcat. You should see the license of free version.

Beware that the softlab paid version have different license , way of working and you must agreed the license before using it.

MySQL and MariaDB are two different database servers. We hope you will not ask how to make it work on noSQL. If something is not supported by someone it doesn't make any sense for arguing and asking to support it.

OSSN TEAM

Hi, Thanks for answer!!
Apache is to host the applicaiton same as IIS, Mysql is a database and it is supported in windows same as maria db, according to your link the guy was clear saying he NEVER tested in windows just it, I do understand you wont me giving support to windows like pay for you guys to install it and configure, as far as I can read it is an open source so if something is not working properly it is not up to you to fix as you told you wont give support for windows but you need to let the owner of it figure out how to get it fixed, and not say I am not giving it as you are not running in the system we said, I think that is my problem here with softlab

ch OSSN SYSTEM BOT Replied 6 years ago

OSSN is not supposed to run on other operating systems than Linux. If you wanted to run on other operating system then next day someone create other operating system and ask for support regarding it, There are more than 50 operating system and we can not support all of them. We only support it what is created for. You are free to use it on any Operating System as your own.

Now regarding softlab24 we suppose you are using their paid version? now if they asked that they won't support windows OS it make no sense to run on that OS. About the deals ? I think they paid them billion of dollars to use linux ? really? Linux is Free and open source we don't believe Linux paying anyone to use it.

OSSN is not just a PHP , its Apache, MySQL, Exim, Etc,

If you spend some time to this forum make some efforts in searching you will find no one from our core team recommend to use it on Windows.

Looking your other topic : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/3010/install-in-a-windows-machine-php-56-and-apache-or-iis you are running on IIS , its like you are forcing to run it on the things we don't support. Then later you will come up with some issue and ask for support.

OSSN TEAM