OSSN Auction component for selling items on a bidding setting.

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

I want to entertain an idea of having a Bidding component where users can post up items for sale, description and starting bid, or just the price of the item. Users will be able to either buy the product or bid for it, ensuring the seller to get their asking price or more for their item. The OSSN network will profit from the sale of each item of a percentage of the sale, maybe 5% or 10%?
Just an idea... What are your thoughts?

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

someone actually asked me about making a custom "marketplace" component recently. It would be a lot of work. There's just a lot of different things that need to be considered, for example, how do you handle payment? What about customer disputes/other support issues? It isn't a bad idea necessarily, but like I said, it would require quite a lot of work to actually create something decent.

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Something went wrong when i tried to log in and i cannot remember my account credentials, so i had to create this one... I intend to continue using this account. Back to my component idea, do you think it's a good idea to help other OSSN users generate an income with their networks?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Why don't you continue using your former account, Daniel?
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/u/danield

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Please consider also a Marketplace component, similar to the Auction component, but this would just be for selling items on the network for a set price, where the OSSn site can make income from sale of 10%. Something to Consider.