How to upload ossn data through htdocs nt public_html

Oweka Bob Patrick Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

Hello!

Still having problems, i followed the procedures of installing ossn but my cpanel have no Public_html but it has htdocs, I tried to follow the process i was through and created my first admin account and site is running, only problem is that all the components are not installing and cache if enabled the site goes off till i disabled it in database, any help will be appreciated thanks have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

As Arsalan said, ossndata must be in a directory that is NOT visible to the web. This means if your site root (http://mysite.com) is in htdocs/mysite.com/, your ossndata directory should be htdocs/ossndata. If you want to put ossndata somewhere else, you can set a different directory in ossn.config.site.php. Try putting ossndata in a directory that's not viewable to the web, make sure your config file reflects that change, and for good measure you might want to try a chmod -R 777 ossndata to make sure you don't have any issues with permissions.

Uigur Oweka Bob Patrick Replied 6 years ago

Thanks for the Reply, Here is the Issues, My site is running on /mysite.com/htdocs/ossn_data files/ thats the directory having the issues, and if I tried unzipping ossn files in folder eg /mysite.com/htdocs/ossn with file inside, the website link will go through mysite.com/ossn_data not mysite.com after the installation, and through mysite.com/ossn everything is working perfectly well including cache and Components being installed without any problems i wonder what exactly am doing wrong here.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Check that your Ossn installation has the correct owner and access rights.
You can use the verifyperms.php tool to investigate. See
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1963/system-info

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

If your website is inhtdocs/mywebsite.com/ your ossn_data directory should be in htdocs/ossn_data/

For some reasons your ossn_data directory must not be inside public directory or htdocs.