Add video to groups from local hard drive

James MacKay Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

Is there some way to be able to add video to a group? You can add pictures and you can add video if you use an embedded like like a youtube video, but you can't simply add a video from your local hard drive.

Replies
Catalan James MacKay Replied 5 years ago

And there is where the problem is, I know enough to be dangerous but not to be considered any good at it yet. That is why I asked if there was a work around. I have modified the code on some other components to get desired results, but do not know enough about coding to write my own yet. I guess trial and error will be my teacher. I got to digging around in the groups component and video component, looking at all the coding to see if there was anything that could be modified to make it work. Thanks for the reply Bansh33.

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

unfortunately it looks like the videos component https://www.softlab24.com/product/view/34/videos-upload can only post to the newsfeed and not to groups. It probably wouldn't be all that hard to make it work for groups, if you know php and feel like getting your hands dirty.