Hello, is it possible to put the private mode by default?

tom selleck Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

hello, is it possible to put the private mode by default?

Replies
at Guy Ler Shyze Replied 3 years ago

thx

hey!

User A post something over the "main-wall". default is public. (if i change this to private, it doesn´t safe. the next post is public again)

User B (not a friend of User A) doesn´t see the post on the "Main-Wall". But when User B goes to Users A site, he see the post from User A.

enter image description here

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

The User wall privacy setting is friends-only by default.
Thus, if User Botox Lips did a post with this settingenter image description here

any other normal user who is not a friend of Botox Lips won't see that post

enter image description here

oh okay. and is there a solution for my problem? any post should be private and not public. the option "friends only" only works on the wall, but not on the users page.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

He Guy,
it looks like you're misunderstanding the idea behind the Private Network component.
Acutally it has NO impact on what a member will see while being LOGGED IN.
Private Network prevents viewing almost every pages while NOT logged in.

Example: If you have a member page like https://yoursite.com/u/robert

• Without Private Network ANYBODY from outside will be able to visit robert's page
  • With Private Network you will get the message: You're required to login before viewing that page'

Hello!

With de private network component the wall-posts are private, even i choose public. that´s good, all posts should be privat by default. but all posts on the user page are public. non-friends can see the posts on the other user page. how can i change this?

All posts, posts over the wall und over the user page, should be private by default. i have tested it with two simple user (no admin).
Sorry for my bad englisch :D

French Tom selleck Replied 5 years ago

I do not understand, when I put, about friends only, everyone see the message of everyone, even without being friends ...

French Tom selleck Replied 5 years ago

ok that's it! thank you for your patient, so if I do it in the admistration, it will be for all users?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Ah, I see: You're not talking about member messages but wall postings!

Anyway, I don't see no need to change this default setting from 'public' to 'friends'.
Because if you prefer 'friends only' visibility in general, it's easier to change the default setting of the wall as I just explained some days ago in the thread
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/3279/wondering-if-component-to-add-additional-user-types-is-in-development.

In case you still insist on changing the default of this dialog box, you have to write a component which is replacing the privacy input plugin.