News Feed not displaying properly after user deletion

Greta Kane Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

hello everybody
I entered in the admin panel and I deleted a user from the user list
After that, when I got back to my news feed, it is not displaying correctly. it looks corrupted
Can anybody tell me how i can solve this issue ???
Thank you

Replies
us Helen Lubar Replied 5 years ago

Hi Greta, send a request to my email [email protected]
cheers

gr Greta Kane Replied 5 years ago

where is this component though ???
Its not in the component list

OK Helen, I will try it
Thank you very much :)

us Helen Lubar Replied 5 years ago

Greta, I had this problem when running 4.6 I found one way around it. I installed the custom-pagination component. ( I disabled auto-pagination) It worked for me. It doesn't happen with ossn 5.0.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

If I understand your former conversation correctly you're runninng an older version of OSSN. And that means: manual pagination, 10 entries per page. Most likely, adding a new post simply moves the issue to the next page (not being displayed when you start from the beginning).

But why guessing? There are detailed instructions in https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

Thus, provide your error log and we'll get a much better idea what's going wrong.

Hello again Arsalan and thank you for your reply
No that’s not what happens to my website news feed
What happens is when I delete a post, the news feed page becomes corrupted, and when I post something again, it comes back to normal
Do you have any idea why this happens??

Thank you

The issue looks it has been solved temporarily. I managed to post something on the corrupted news feed and it came back to normal again.
But when i delete something from the news feed, it becomes corrupted again
I guess there is a bug in the Ossn Wall component
I intend to update my ossn version to 5.x very soon and i hope the issue will be completely solved
I will let you know
Thank you again

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Can say anything about the cause of issue. Looks like broken wall post which wasn't deleted appeared for the deleted user causing white screen/broken screen.

If you wanted us to look, you may go ahead and send us your web hosting details (cpanel).

the custom components were installed a long time ago. without causing any problem to the news feed display
Only lately I have installed CSV User Import component which is related to the user list
the user was imported using this component and after a few days i deleted this user
After the deletion the news feed issue appeared
Do you think this component could be the problem ???
what kind of cpanel details do you need ???

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

I am sorry but still contain incomplete information, there is no cpanel details for us to debug it.
Looking the system info you sent, shows us large custom components, it may be caused by them.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions