Pressing enter to comment sometimes causes newline instead of updating

D B Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

We have been seeing an intermittent problem where users are trying to enter a comment, but it results in a newline instead of creating the actual comment. It seems to only happen on mobile devices and is sporadic. Is this a known issue?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

We're unable to track down a "sometimes" issue without knowing at least some details like device used, OS and Browser brand/version, etc.

See:
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

us Leo Washington Replied 5 years ago

I have this issue also, and I'm on a PC, not a mobile device. I will try seeing if the same rule applies.

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

I actually literally (as in today) worked on/finished a quick project for someone who wanted to an additional "Add Comment" button, though pressing Enter still works to submit the comment, and shift+enter will result in a newline. If you're interested in the modification I described, you can contact me by email (address in my profile).

us D B Replied 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for more feedback, but so far it looks like the problem is what you said. Some of our users have requested a small comment button to make things simpler.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

You are aware that pressing SHIFT-ENTER intentionally results in a newline in comments?!

And since pressing the shift-key once (at least on Android) will be 'remembered' to capitalize/shift the next key, I think your users simply have touched SHIFT by mistake before touching ENTER.