Cannot add friend? I can't add a friend to the friends list.

Night Hawk Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

For some reason when I try to add a friend to my friend's list. It says cannot add friend. Could someone help me with this?

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

Sorry, I should've fully read your reply before posting mine. Still, enabling error reporting should be helpful for you in case something goes wrong in the future. Good luck and glad you got that issue working.

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

if the errorlog isn't showing up, it may be because you haven't correctly enabled error reporting. go to your admin panel (which was the first step suggested by Z-Man) -> Site Settings -> Basic -> Error Reporting -> On -> Save. The next time there's an error, it'll create and append it to the errorlog. Once you do that, you will probably want to try adding a friend again so you can see if it creates an entry in the error_log.

us Night Hawk Replied 5 years ago

Sorry I jumped the gun posting here. It took me a few hours to figure out why it was happening. I needed to delete my cookies. I tried that and it worked. Next time I will wait a little while to post about it. Also, the error_log never showed up in my directory. So I am guessing it was on my side. Either way ~Z~Man thanks so much for replying to me.

Though I am still waiting to get some more help Here

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago
  1. Enable Ossn error reporting
  2. Try to add a friend again
  3. Provide the file named error_log

for more details see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error