How to put the home icon of Homelancer Topbar into the correct position

Daniel Teich Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

good morning.
can anyone tell me how I can put the home icon on the left side, right by the friends icon?
it looks destroyed. I use the component home lancer toppertopbar looks destroyed

Replies
Tatar Steven downer Replied 4 years ago

@Daniel,

We came across this issue some months ago with the upgrade to OSSN 5.1 and the home lancer component breaking the site, as you have shown.

Our way around it was to remove the following from the hometobar.php file or simply comment it out:-

topMenu.prepend('<li id="home"><a href="'+Ossn.site_url+'"><div
class="ossn-icon ossn-icons-topbar-home"><i class="fa
fa-home"></i></div></a></li>');

We have found it to be a better solution to place the "Home icon" after the fa fa-th-list icon and not next to the "Friends" notification icon, as the two "top bars" are different, especially for mobile views.

I tried contacting the author of the Homelancer scripts for a fix but he appears to have gone off grid for a while now.

As a side note, the site name on the top bar also acts as a "home" button if this option is not to your liking.

good luck

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I believe you need to take a look into the structure of current icons and then you need to edit that homelancer icon and adjust structure in same order.