Groups component | Bug? Removing title/group pic from one group...

Oliver Mankewitz Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

...removes title/group pics from all existing groups.

I have the Groups component and mentioned, that if I choose to remove the title/group pic from one group, other existing groups are also effected. Can someone confirm that behaviour?

Regards,
Oliver

Replies
Tatar Steven downer Replied 4 years ago

Oliver,

I can now confirm you are correct.

I have a different version update in 5.1.

I have installed two versions of 5.1

One groups component allows me to, as you say, delete pic.....the other version does not give me that option.

therefore there is a problem with the groups component that has the DELETE PIC option.

In the first instance, the latest version, 5.1-build-1031191, does not appear to have that option, whereas a previous update does. Perhaps if you could download the latest version (without the option to Delete pic) and try that (is delete Pic not the same as Change Pic, unless you want a Black group pic ) and see if that works to your liking.

Secondly, I can confirm that I can replicate your issue (although I am not using your version in a live environment), perhaps you should open a Ticket with Softlabs to report the issue, given that it is affecting your premium OSSN version.

German Oliver Mankewitz Replied 4 years ago

Hi, Steven!
If youre working with the Groups comp., you have the "delete/remove cover pic" option for sure. Try to delete the group pic of any group and the pics of the other groups are gone also. I can replicate it any time.
Using 5.1 premium also.

Regards,
Oliver

Tatar Steven downer Replied 4 years ago

Oliver,

We have OSSN 5.1 Premium installed and our site relies extensively on the Groups components for different topics

We have tested several of our groups settings to replicate your issue.

We have Renamed a group....None of the other groups are affected.

We have changed the group pic.....None of the other groups are affected.

We have Deleted the group....None of the other groups are affected.

We have created a New group and repeated the tests....None of the other groups are affected.

We have logged off the site, waited 15 minutes and logged back in....None of the other groups are affected.

We have Flushed the Cache at every single test.....None of the other groups are affected.

We cannot replicate your problem.

When you say " I choose to remove the title/group pic from one group, " How??? As far as I can tell, we only have the options of Changing the title, changing the group pic or Deleting the group. Do you mean when you Delete the group, the problem occurs??

What OSSN version are you using?
Are your groups Private or Public or both?

We cannot replicate your problem here.