Photos - Photo Albums - Profile Photo - Profile Wall photos

steven downer Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

In dealing with Photos, can the following be resolved?

1) In Changing profile photo and profile wall cover - there is no "loading gif" to show that the image is being uploaded/changed ( as it does when an image is posted - the loading gif is shown when POST is clicked) No loading gif/ no movement on profiles on uploading is causing users to think that nothing is happening and repeat the uploads.
This is also applied in GROUP cover uploads, there is no indication that something is happening.

2) Can photos in ALBUMS be selected as a profile photo? Albums contain photos but cannot be used except for viewing

3) Can Photo Albums be made private for the user only ("ONLY ME" type privacy) as the only options are Public or Friends.

4) Can posted images in the profile wall and the profile photo updates and the profile wall photo updates NOT appear on newsfeed for global notification? Every time a profile/wall photo is changed, everyone sees it. Can this not be changed to either not at all or an option to allow users to see the change?

Replies
gb Steven Downer Replied 4 years ago

@Arsalan

Loading gif now added to group/profile images and works well.

Thank you very much for the addition. Much appreciated

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

@Steven i just banned you as you started religious stuff here and i am not religious person.

Tatar Steven downer Replied 4 years ago

@Arselan,

I hear you....understood clearly... I saved the whole post for future reference as I anticipated your god like delete button.

Thanks for your help.

I was about to write same as @Z-man, no need to share if you don't want to be seen either by friends or public.

Frankly speaking i am tried of your users strange requests, most of them are reasonably correct but most of them are out of the scope.

Further the GPDR statement you mentioned is irreverent here and your users are misinterpreting it as to fit their need.

Few days ago someone requested me to implement antivirus program within OSSN that can protect users PC and i laughed alot. 😂 😂

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

What if we do not want our photos shared but what to place them in an album?

With all due respect, isn't that a more homemade problem? If I don't want to share my pictures, why should I store them in a community then? There are indeed safer places available, I think.

Tatar Steven downer Replied 4 years ago

Arsalan,

Thank you for that.

I am confused as to the purpose of OssnPhotos when it says "Allow users to share photos."...

Photos placed on a users wall is shared with PUBLIC or FRIENDS.... and is then automatically shared on the newsfeed as a "status" update (as a default)

If users upload a personal or sensitive photo to an Album, for example of their family/children, then it stands to reason that such an image carries a certain amount of confidentiality and sensitivity that need to be considered. Must I now instruct my members to not place photos in their albums of their family? What if we do not want our photos shared but what to place them in an album? Apparently, the default is we must become coders.

To then say that such a feature needs to be coded (by users) and is not a feature, somewhat flies in the face of GDPR core principles for the protection of such information.

the ethos of GDPR is that data controllers (being us as admins) need to be aware of the protection of such information....as it is, there is a question over OssnPhotos being in compliance with those principles. Therefore, the component does not give us that ability to control images within GDPR guidelines in an adequate manner for protection. I would therefore request that you.....and indeed perhaps Softlabs....review the component to safeguard both admins, users and yourselves from any possible ramifications.....as I quote directly from GDPR.EU

"Organizations can comply with the GDPR by implementing technical and operational safeguards to protect personal data they control."

OSSNPhotos does not adhere to that, therefore we (admins and users) are left to either use it as is or not use it at all. Not a great choice either way. Alternatively, to code it ourselves to comply with GDPR.

I note what you say about the other aspects of my post.

@Steven,

1.I believe i'll add some animation (loading icon) for it.

2, 3, 4 is possible but you'll need to code your component for it.

@Robert your comments are deleted as they are irrelevant to this topic. Please if you need help open your topic. Not sure how many accounts you created here.