Manually adding a component

Steve Elkins Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

How would you go by adding a component manually when using the component installer won't work and licks up the error message invalid zip file.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Rahmad, there is no ETA but i'll push development release on github soon.

Indonesian Rahmad Arief Replied 9 years ago

When is ossn v3 release developers ?

in Sathish kumar Replied 9 years ago

facebook theme1.1 wont work on ossn 2X wait for ossn 3.0 i will update the theme for that version .

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Steve if its theme, try to install using theme installer.

Facebook theme 1.1 will not work on Ossn 2.x

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

Actually I was talking about the facebook theme 1.1 that is the one that won't load for me. I tried it on two different machines.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Not my way of thinking, Steve.

If a component fails to install - there are 3 possible reasons:
1. the zip file is no valid zip at all, or uploaded incompletely because of provider restrictions (upload size limits) for instance
2. the zip is physically intact, but doesn't match OSSNs specifications (that's what Sathish already said)
3. the OSSN component installer has a problem.

The solution can't be to find a tricky way to "solve" failures manually, we have to track down where things go wrong.

In case of Moneya's Chat Component, I checked both Moneya's original (which is NOT installable) and my un-zipped/re-zipped archive (which IS installable) on my Linux machine with "unzip -t". Both files passed this validation without a problem. And that means: The component installer fails under certain conditions and needs some investigation.

in Sathish kumar Replied 9 years ago

in zip file please verify you have two files ossncom.php and ossncom.xml.