After upgrade: Upload of some components fails

Oliver Mankewitz Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

Hi, there.
I upgraded my OSSN to the latest version and re-installed some components which were missing after upgrading. I dont know why, but some components I can not install (again).
The components are e.g.
- HTML Sidebar v4.3
- AdsFader v1.0
- Video-Background v1.0

Just to make sure my installation is okay, I installed SystemInfo v2.1. All fine. To re-check, a new theme - like a charme.

Whats wrong with the failing components or my installation?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Oliver

Replies
German Oliver Mankewitz Replied 4 years ago

Thank you very much, Zett!

Solved!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Ok, I had a look.

1. AdsFader
    can't see any issues. it's not listed and there's no component dir.
    try uploading again

2. HtmlSidebar
    it's listed as enabled, components dir in place.
    disable cache
    go to components -> HtmlSidebar and click delete
    use your ftp tool to verify there's no more HtmlSidebar subdirectory. if so, remove it manually
    try uploading again

3. VideoBackground
    uploading is likely to fail because it comes with a 2,5Mb video included, but your upload_max_filesize is set to 2Mb only.
    increase uploadmaxfilesize and try uploading again

In any case before uploading a new component: make sure the old one has been removed

Yep.
LOL.. So true.
Go ahead: 188.138.xxx.xxx

Oliver

Looks, like you missed the next line too?
It's said: **just use exactly the same email address you once used to register at https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/register**
Your registration email IS the password - how should we otherwise know what you entered? :)

Hey, Zett!

Sorry, I missed your reply at the other topic somehow. :/
In the system-info field it sais, that I must enter a password there but theres only the Protection E-Mail field. I wonder, where the pass goes?

I took a look into the given information the system-info comp was given and I saw, that my OSSN version is the free version instead of premium.

(The HTML sidebar comp was installed and may was declined to be uploaded again by the system.)

Danke!!

I gave you instructions already one week ago at https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/3667/video-background - but you didn't answer.
So again: give us access to your system-info and we can have a look.