Is OSSN Compatible with PHP 7.3? Need to confirm

Godwin Dan Posted in Performance and Scalability 4 years ago

HI all, i just want to be sure that ossn is compatible with PHP 7.3 because my hosting company would be migrating soon. Is it compatible?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

@Homer , why don't you simply use simple apache , mysql, php without any NAS MAS .etc You should see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/3994/how-to-install-ossn-on-ubuntu-x64-using-command-line

German Homer Simpson Replied 4 years ago

@Z-Man: it's as following:
OSSN is installed on my Synology NAS. I have installed PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.2 and 7.3
As standard PHP Version I have choosen PHP 7.2
As Server I have installed: Apache 2.2

With PHP 7.2 and Apache 2.2 - it's running perfectly
with PHP 7.2 and Apache 2.4 - i'll get an error message on my screen - ERROR 500 - An error occurred while processing this request.

With PHP 7.3 and Apache 2.2 - I only have a white screen and I can't see any information
With PHP 7.3 and Apache 2.4 - I only have a white screen and I can't see any information

I also checked the error_log at the system info, but I haven't found any error for this operation.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Homer,
read the "How-to-report-a bug/error"
and provide your error_log.

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

gr Rafail Stratiotis Replied 4 years ago

Hello Homer
I don't know if I can help you but you have testing running ossn with 7.1 or 7.2 ?

Has anyone tested OSSN with PHP 7.4? is it running? What I have to do, that OSSN is running with PHP 7.4 and Apache 2.4? which files I have to modify at the OSSN directory? Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I have the problem, OSSN is working only with PHP 7.2 (it's installed on a Synology NAS). When i try to start it with PHP 7.3, i only get an empty screen. Further question? is OSSN working with Apache 2.4? if it does, what I have to change / modify? it's only working with Apace 2.2 on my NAS.
(I have installed the PHP 7.3 and Apace 2.4 packages from Synology)

German Andre kutzner Replied 4 years ago

7.4 iss ready

ng Godwin Dan Replied 4 years ago

All right.
Thank You! I appreciate!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply, Godwin.

Yes, Ossn 5.2 is running without problems on PHP 7.3

ng Godwin Dan Replied 4 years ago

Thank you @ Z ~ Man.
Just saw your replies.
My OSSN version is 5.2