Photo Album Issues or limitations

Fikri Sami Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Hi everybody
I created a photo album and tried to upload collected screen shots of my past facebook posts.
Looks like it takes only 20 photos to upload at a time. Is there a limit set somewhere?
I was trying to upload 120 photos. The album could contain that much but I just could not upload more than 20 images each time it seems.
Also, I could not find a way to select some photos in the album to delete.

NOTE
The topic has been closed by admin to avoid confusion among others, with the reason that the topic owner have issue with his server configurations. OSSN does allow you to any number of photos in your album if you have set the configurations correct (upload size, maximum files allowed same time, memory size etc. In case you have same issue please follow https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error CASE B

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
ch Fikri Sami Replied 4 years ago

Dear Roman and Arslan
Thank you very much.
I found a file upload php code I could adapt and use.
There is a custom page component I could probably integrate all this in.
It can only be used by admins, but that's fine.
Regular users will have to content themselves with the default album for now :)

Thanks again

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

That was just an example as I was goofing around with my old ImageVue gallery. In component I created it uses simple php, no flash.

Yes for sure, i understand you example, but for other people that may browse this topic may not understand. However your example is clear to me, you guided the way now its up the person to utilize it differently

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Flash is not supported and is vulnerable

That was just an example as I was goofing around with my old ImageVue gallery. In component I created it uses simple php, no flash.

Once again. this is not an OSSN Gallery. I haven't even uploaded a single photo, I haven't even looked at photo component at all. Maybe there is a way to modify it easily. I don't know, yet, as I'm new to this and learning one component at a time.

Showcase is just a simple way of showing large amount of photos in a nice way through OSSN site. Nothing more, nothing less. You can make it in to Slideshow and more. I just found a simplest script on the web. Of course you can make Admin, option to upload and users with comments, but they will not be the same as OSSN users, and need to be registered separately. If I knew how to create structure to use ossn_users I would of made a forum by now.

What you trying to do, is completely modify OSSNphotos. (which I will not touch for now)
What I was trying to do, is create simple way for you to show your 120 facebook pics and for others to show their huge ammount of pics using FTP upload, not a complete Coppermine Photo Gallery. :)

If anything, I would create single Admin and uption to upload to Showcase. That would be the end of it, case going further will loose the purpose of being a "ShowCase only"

Still missing the upload facility, but I guess it was just to show how things would look like.
To sum up, we need a simple foto album component that works. Unlimited upload, AND the possibility to select and delete (which is not provided in the default photo album).

Ossn allows unlimited upload photos as mentioned you have issue with your server configuration. And it does allow to delete individual photo.

ch Fikri Sami Replied 4 years ago

Dear Roman
Thank you very much for your care and efforts.
I installed the showcase. Very nice.
Still missing the upload facility, but I guess it was just to show how things would look like.
To sum up, we need a simple foto album component that works. Unlimited upload, AND the possibility to select and delete (which is not provided in the default photo album).
By the way, once we have such a component, we should be able to deactivate the original one in OSSN.
I am still hoping to be able to write posts and comments with with full formatting toolbar and possibilities to upload photos or videos. But that's a different story.
Thanks again and keep us updated if you reach something.
Much appreciated.

I can't seem to upload component in here. Here it is:
https://github.com/madromas/ossn/blob/master/ShowCaseGallery-1.0.zip
This is just a test version of a basics. Try it out, let me know what you think.

Or you can just use index page from gallery and use that instead of embed. Theory of this, is just to display ur large amount of picture in a nice presentable way through OSSN pages. You can even just use simple JS to display them nicely.

That was just an example. I'm sure there will be flash objects around for a long time. But you can use any free gallery script, as long as it doesen't require logins or comments, or database. Find one that is simple light weight that u can upload photos using FTP. There is really no need for component for this, as you might place gallery anywhere outside of component folder. Because all the component will do is embed gallery on simple page. Example:

<embed width="90%" height="500" src="/gallery/slideshow.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="configfile=slideshowconfig.ini&globalpath=/gallery/"></object>

If you really need one, just find a gallery that will fit your needs and I'l write simple component for you. As matter of if I dig something usefull, I'l just create component lets say "Show case gallery".

Flash is not supported and is vulnerable

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions