Photo Album Issues or limitations

Fikri Sami Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Hi everybody
I created a photo album and tried to upload collected screen shots of my past facebook posts.
Looks like it takes only 20 photos to upload at a time. Is there a limit set somewhere?
I was trying to upload 120 photos. The album could contain that much but I just could not upload more than 20 images each time it seems.
Also, I could not find a way to select some photos in the album to delete.

NOTE
The topic has been closed by admin to avoid confusion among others, with the reason that the topic owner have issue with his server configurations. OSSN does allow you to any number of photos in your album if you have set the configurations correct (upload size, maximum files allowed same time, memory size etc. In case you have same issue please follow https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error CASE B

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
ch Fikri Sami Replied 4 years ago

You can easily implement flash gallery

Excellent idea. That's exactly what I need.
The question is: where do I find this? and how do I integrate it within OSSN.
Can't we have a component that include this?
I will need to check how to create a component later on when my two million tasks are cleared. :(
Oh but, hold on, Did you say Flash Galary?
I'm having problems with Flash these days as it looks like Flash is no longer supported :(

Thank you Roman

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

You can easily implement flash gallery, that doesen't need logins or database. If you do a show off case, just upload 100000000 images at once using FTP. Boom, you got your self a slide show with music in there. Or just a gallery. enter image description here

Blockquote Since all these kind of settings are not Ossn settings but depend on the PHP configuration of your webserver you better contact your hosting company which way to apply changes like that.

I have tried a few forum, blog and file management software installations separately on the same server and did not face this problem :(
Thank you all for your care and efforts to help anyway.
I'll see if I can include any of the softaculous apps into my ossn without screwing all up :)
Wish me good luck!!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Since all these kind of settings are not Ossn settings but depend on the PHP configuration of your webserver you better contact your hosting company which way to apply changes like that.

I was so happy to find this max_file_uploads and see the value = 20 and changed it to 600
but after saving the php.ini and retrying, I felt disappointed.
Logged out, then logged in again, and retried. Same. Still stops at 20.
Even tried a lower limit of 255, but still persists at 20.
Did I change the value in the wrong file? Or the wrong place?
The one I found is in the upper directory in which OSSN is installed.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Do you know the php have limit of maximum simultaneous files? the default limit is 20.
At least i have set it to 100 and i am able to upload all photos at once.

Can you tell me the value for max_file_uploads

Dear Roman
Just for the hell of it, No I haven't.
All I can say is that I need the software to accept multiple uploads like many others, including facebook.
The total size of the folder that contains my 120 pictures does not even exceed 31 MB. Those are actually simple screenshots of my facebook posts in grid display. No HD files at all.
Yet, if I find a way to experiment with so many small files, I'll do that, but frankly, I don't see real sense. Sorry.
So, I would say there is something wrong somewhere in the software or in the upload process.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Just for the hell of it. Have you tried uploading small images lets say 10x10, about 30 of them at the same time, and see what happens.

Dear Arsalan, Zman, and Roman
I installed the system info component
I hope this info is useful:

PHP Environment
Version 7.2.24
Server APi cgi-fcgi
display_errors

memorylimit 1024M
register
globals
postmaxsize 1024M
uploadmaxfilesize 1024M
default_charset UTF-8

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Dear Fikri, please read the zman reply carefully, it have exact answer of your question. Did you tried to install System Info component? And would you mind sharing that system info details to us?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions