Friends online not working

john saleeby Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

I installed and created a user and friended it. When I go online and login the additional user on another browser it shows "No friends online". Can it be that because we are both on the same ip it doesn't work - or what?

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

I think it's time to provide some more details about your site including two test accounts - see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

Looks like a site specific problem with Ossn's ajax/xhr background update mechanism

us John saleeby Replied 4 years ago

I downloaded it from this site.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

When you uploaded the site your self second time. Where did you download package? Here or github?

Thought maybe if I changed the theme it would help. Installed greenbygreen. Same result. - Nice theme though

The site I am referring to was created 1 click by Softaculus. I have just created a new site from scratch manually. Working just fine. Added and validated a "Friend". Same result "No friends online"

Thank you for your response.
"Friend" IS confirmed. Both ways.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

From what I know, "No friends online" will be displayed only in case you have no friends at all. Otherwise you would see at least your offline friend's icons with a red border in the right column.

So, can you confirm that your friend request isn't still pending - but has been actually accepted by the other member?

And no: IPs are not involved.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions