Friends online not working

john saleeby Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

I installed and created a user and friended it. When I go online and login the additional user on another browser it shows "No friends online". Can it be that because we are both on the same ip it doesn't work - or what?

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

The topic has been closed. because it is not a problem in the software. Seems releated to the web hosting. In case problem persists please follow https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error CASE B and open a other topic.

For discussion about other matter please open different thread,

Thanks!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Roman,
there is a very simple sequence here:
1. Someone comes in with a problem
2. We either make a proposal for a solution, or we request details that help us understand the problem.
3. And if that someone is unwilling to provide these details, the case is closed. Finished.

It doesn't need a hint that Ossn works a thousand times - the only interesting thing is why it doesn't work in this case. And if the person does not want to give us any information about it, then you may feel not too happy or unsatisfied, but it can't be changed.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

John saleeby
That's how it's so pose to be. Chat bar have moved to the bottom right of the page. And menu is accessible by clicking on a icon top left

us John saleeby Replied 4 years ago

Do be cool. Thanks again for caring enough to get excited. But something strange has developed. I went back to the beginning. Deleted ALL previous installations, reinstalled with Softaculous on my host x10premier and got a surprise when I viewed the app on the reduced size window and got reduced window , when I viewed in full size I get Full size window. The same result on Desktop, laptop, windows 10, or linux mint.

I feel like people miss understand my point here. I did not suggest him to use free hosting as a long run. For testing purposes only. Try out script on working host, if it works, ur good to go and set up ur community on paid hosting, If it doesn't , you can create a bug report.

constructive suggestions for a solution

There is no solution if there is no problem. I proved that script works? Right? than what did I say that wasn't helpful?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

You should not use the free hosting stuff please and follow the bug reporting guidelines mentioned by Z-man.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Roman,
please respect the problems of others, and if you have no constructive suggestions for a solution, just hold back. It doesn't help much to tell a drowning man that swimming is actually quite easy.

Use free x10hosting for testing purposes. Not some crap you stumble upon. Ossn is not my main site, so I had to create separate email, register as someone else, log in through computer and mobile, request friends, just to show you this picture. Everything works.
enter image description here

NOW I truly surrender. It must be my webhost that's the problem I said to myself. SO after a few hours of clunking around I found a freebie and installed OSSN. EXACTLY the same problem. I quit.
Thank you all for trying to help me.
Bye now

Thank you for your time and attention. The site was purely experimental and was in no way a production site. I'll put it aside now.