Does anyone make custom components

Tee Lyn Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

does anyone make custom components for individuals to purchase? Im looking for a paid ads component similar idea to facebook or dolphin but dont have to be exact...the ads fader is an excellent start to something like this however it wud be great if a person cud add multiple fading ads as well

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 4 years ago

Tee Lyn, I apologize again for posting so many replies in your topic, and more than that I apologize because I really don't like the idea of "dirty laundry" being aired out in public - but I did feel the need to say something. Amilton isn't responding because at this point he's terrified of what I might do after I pointed out to him that not changing his root password before sending me multiple insulting emails was quite possibly the dumbest way imaginable for him to attempt to handle the situation (lol I have no intention of doing anything to his site as long as he doesn't try to resell my code or lie to people on here about the work I did for him).

Anyway, if you still are looking for a legitimate developer to code an enhanced ad system (fading [multiple] ads in/out would only take a few minutes to add, I think) or anything else for OSSN, feel free to email me, contact info is in my profile. Some Info about my background/experience and things I've worked on in the past are also on my website listed in my profile.

Catalan Tee Lyn Replied 4 years ago

i havent had any communication with him anyway, wasnt gonna bother with him...thanks for saying something Bansh33

Um... I just want to be clear about something. I didn't realize who all of the posters were at first because I don't use this forum too frequently anymore (though I was often here a couple of years ago).

If "William Silva" tries to sell you an ad system, I'm 99% sure it's going to be the ad system that I CODED, sold him, and DID NOT license to him for resale or redistribution of any kind. I know him as Amilton Magalhaes who runs the site talk-pet.com (which you can confirm from his profile). He's also barely a programmer, has difficulty communicating in English and thus insists that I didn't make a couple of modifications to MY ad system, which he did pay for (WHICH I ALSO DID FULLY COMPLETE) - he simply didn't communicate EXACTLY what he wanted and then got mad when I refused to do anything more because I told him I didn't have time to keep helping him for free and didn't want to do a couple of other jobs he offered me (because he simply does not communicate well in English, which is fine, that isn't the issue I had with him - but obviously I'm not going to accept a job that I don't fully understand), despite the fact that I had already helped him with numerous extra things for free (adding a portugese language file, explaining to him how .htaccess files work - which he didn't understand - and then doing it myself, etc). Then he fires off an insulting email to me without realizing I STILL HAVE ROOT access to his server. I am explaining all this so you understand the type of person you may be dealing with (all of this happened in roughly the last week) and because he is not legally allowed to resell you my code. I'm not an asshole so I didn't rm-rf /* his server or anything like that, but obviously I could have. If he tries to sell you an ad system, you can confirm it's likely mine by asking him for screenshots and comparing to what I just posted in my previous couple of posts in this topic. I'm sorry for the length and content of this post, I simply felt the need to make a few things clear as I didn't realize who certain posters were earlier.

for some reason my screenshot didn't show up - here: https://ibb.co/CHm6Ys6

Yes, you can email me. I have an ad system that does most of what you want (randomly select ads, add an image of jpg/png/gif type, add mp4 video, use your own html, etc). Features like fading in/out could be added without much trouble. It can either display the ads on the right sidebar (like the built in ad system), or it can display them between newsfeed posts at a specified interval (e.g. every 3 posts or whatever). Here's a quick screenshot: enter image description here

send me an email if interested

Breton William Silva Replied 4 years ago

for some reason cant reply to that email

Breton William Silva Replied 4 years ago

my contact - [email protected]

has no component