Is it possible to add links, or more menus, to the top bar?

Tiago Serodio Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

I'd love love to have more usage of the top bar, but I can't find a component that will allow me to add buttons, links or menus to it. Anything would be fine, I'd love to "pin" stuff up there for ease of use of my community

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 4 years ago

as Rafail said, it's in \themes\YOURTHEME\plugins\default\theme\page\elements\topbar.php

it starts at the point where it says: <div class="topbar">

there is also a comment right before it (at least on goblue, not sure about other themes) that says: <!-- ossn topbar -->

just fyi, HTML is not really "code" or a "programming language" per se, it's only a markup language (php is considered a scripting language, but if all you want is to modify the top bar, you don't really need to know anything besides basic html and maybe just the basics of how php and html work together). If you don't know at least some basic HTML, you're not going to be able to modify the top bar on your own. if you want to hire someone to help you with this, you can feel free to email me.

gr Rafail Stratiotis Replied 4 years ago

Hi Mary
The Component was created by Arsalan, I think he will see our comments and answer us
however, it is not very difficult to modify some files... google it's your friend
create lots of backups and try to make the changes yourself ;) so you will learn to write code yourself ;)
That's how I started.

Best Regards, Raphael

us Mary Greg Replied 4 years ago

Hi Rafail. This feature should be added by the creator of the MenuBuilder component because this website is used by people who do not have any programming knowledge...It seems that they did not consider it.

gr Rafail Stratiotis Replied 4 years ago

Hello guys
I'm not an expert but maybe you can do it by writing code in the file : Topbar.php

components\OssnNotifications\plugins\default\notifications\page\topbar.php
or
\themes\YOURTHEME\plugins\default\theme\page\elements\topbar.php

Thanks!

The MenuBuilder does not have the opportunity to add a page link for the main menu title. This simply allows to add secondary pages in the submenu of the right sidebar menu, either in the Footer or on the left topbar but not the main menu section such as Links, Groups,Videos etc.

Icelandic Tiago Serodio Replied 4 years ago

Hey Rafail, thanks, however it seems with this component you can't add to the top bar, only submenu. The top bar would be ideal really