Is it possible for admins to get notified when a new group is created?

Tiago Serodio Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

It would be important for me to have this option. Despite not being a developer, I assume this is a very simple code hack, not really needing a dedicated component. If my assumption is correct, I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 4 years ago

feel free to email me if you want someone to help you modify the OssnGroups component to generate notifications to an admin.

Icelandic Tiago Serodio Replied 4 years ago

Thanks Arsalan! However, this is not exactly what I am looking for. I'm creating a community where I'm sure groups will be created that violate the Terms & Conditions. At early stage it will be easy to manage, but as it grows it would be wonderful for Admins to get a notification whenever a new public or closed group is created, so they can go straight into verify it is ok or not, or else immediately delete it and ban the creator

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Actually my comment was not specific for you it was general comment for all others. You should see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/3682/restrict-group-creation maybe you can get idea of how your new component should look like.

Icelandic Tiago Serodio Replied 4 years ago

Arsalan, I certainly did not intend in offending anyone! 😔 please excuse me! Though I'm not really sure what I said wrong. It seems it is not that simple as I thought?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I feel really sad when people underestimate the developers 😔