Downloaded extensions don't show up in components page

Huck Jones Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Hmm, so I tried installing a few components to my OSSN site, namely Email Login and Fancybox by unzipping them to the /components folder, and yet they don't appear in the components page. Oh, and I'm using the latest stable OSSN version, in case you're wondering.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Huck Jones, You can't install components like you install plugins for elgg, you have to install using component installer.

If you are on linux:
Make sure the ossn data directory and root files have rights and make sure they are owned by correct user, not by root user

ph Huck Jones Replied 9 years ago

Hmm, I think it may have something to do with folder permissions. As a workaround I unzipped the contents of a component package, and then upload the aforementioned zip on the Components control panel to enable it.

in Sathish kumar Replied 9 years ago

Can you provide your admin rights and other information to

> http://www.informatikon.com/contact/support

ph Huck Jones Replied 9 years ago

I tried that as well, but for some reason it didn't work.

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

The way you add the components is that you don't unzip them and place them in the component folder...Instead download the file and then go to the administration page...There you will see components on the left side of the screen. Click where it say's installer...Then click choose file and go to the component you download and click on it...Then click the upload button and you are done them click on components then scroll down and turn it on.

I hope this helped.