OSSN v5.5 LTS has been released

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 10 months ago

We have just released v5.5 resolving major problem with message delete and German translation file for messages. We have also improved OssnBlock bit of it.

I am sorry for early release as i can not keep you apart from the major issue fix and to make your website open to issues. Our general release time-frame is 6 to 7 months but these issues made us to release v5.4 and 5.5 before that time frame.

Next release would be OSSN 6.0 which can be expect after 6 to 7 months. Unless no major critical issue found 😂😂

Replies
German Arsalan Shah Replied 9 months ago

@Bob create a different discussion about your problem please. https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/add

German Bob Weston Replied 9 months ago

I believe there is an issue with the "About" page for this version.
I have made a lot of User Fields and selected "Show on About page" but they do not show, only the basic information shows.. am i doing something wrong?

us John Miller Replied 10 months ago

I downloaded the zip to upload to my server.
The server anti-virus stopped the upload.
I have sent a screenshot via Facebook messenger.

German ~Z~ Man Replied 10 months ago

Holger and Emmanuel,

five days have passed - and we're still waiting for your feedback!

German ~Z~ Man Replied 10 months ago

Holger,
if your Ossn does not run on PHP > 7.2 then the PHP implementation on your NAS has a general problem.

What operation system is running on that NAS?

German Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

@Holger A. Please see case B https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error and open a new discussion topic. Looks like broken files or you edited it and forgot to adding )

German Holger A. Replied 10 months ago

It's still the problem, when I want to see the information about the PHP Version, there's a system overload, and I have to restart my NAS.

Error log as following:
[25-Aug-2020 20:44:44 Europe/Berlin] [#1598381084|67BAB7059FBC1096372314E17FC201E4] ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '"en"' (TCONSTANTENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')' in /volume1/web/ossn/locale/ossn.de.php:356

Stack trace:

0 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/forms/admin/basicsettings.php(15): ossnloadavailablelanguages()

1 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

2 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

3 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

4 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/output/form.php(18): ossnpluginview('forms/admin/bas...', Array)

5 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

6 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

7 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

8 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(241): ossnpluginview('output/form', Array)

9 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/settings/admin/basicsettings.php(13): ossnviewform('admin/basicset...', Array)

10 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

11 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

12 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

13 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.admin.php(254): ossnpluginview('settings/admin/...')

14 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.page.php(73): ossnadministratorpagehandler(Array, 'administrator')

15 /volume1/web/ossn/index.php(22): ossnloadpage('administrator', Array)

16 {main}

It's the same problem with the versions 5.3 and 5.4

It could take a very long time, then OSSN will work again.

Installed PHP 7.2.29
Apache 2.2

(its not working with PHP 7.3 or higher and Apache 2.4)

German Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

@Emmanuel you should see CASE B https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error and open a new discussion on community we'll try to look into it with you.

ng Emmanuel Onatola Replied 10 months ago

I have an issue with displaying online and offline friends at the sidebar like Facebook. Did the mistake come from the update i did or it has been removed by OSSN update?

Dutch Everwijn Overberg Replied 10 months ago

Awsome! Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend! :-)