Issue with "About Page" on v5.5LTS

Bob Weston Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

I believe there is an issue with the "About" page for this version.
I have made a lot of User Fields and selected "Show on About page" but they do not show, only the basic information shows.. am I doing something wrong?

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Bob.

I will close this thread but won't delete it, because the intention of this forum is not only sharing issues - but tips and solutions, too. :)

German Bob Weston Replied 4 years ago

Damn ~Z~ Man.. you are right.. please delete this thread or lock it..
If no information is added, nothing shows.. stupid me.. as i filled in the individual fields, it worked.. there is no problem with this at all!

Okay, so you had created these extra fields.
But did you really enter some input on the account settings page?
Actually these fields are initially not shown as long as a member has not entered any input

The about user is not installed.
This is a fresh install of v5.5 (no updates were done)..
These are the only components that were added:

enter image description here

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

You are using About User component (which show limited items) from community in parallel with Custom-Fields, delete the About User component and go to custom fields, about page and click show about page and save.

Hi, it's not code, I used the user fields creator in the admin panel.. on this picture you can see on the right side the check blocks are checked for "On About":

when you create the field, there is the option to "Show on About Page".. when yes is selected it still is not on the about page, only the basic infor mation is:

What does it mean: You MADE a lot of User Fields?
Please provide your code.