Adsinserter not placing ads in the main center page

Vincent Spingola Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

After inserting some ads on my site, they show up on the main page right section, they are placed on the About page too. however, if you check insert ads on the widescreen newsfeed, too for an instant one ad showed up once and disappeared now nothing is showing up? I did disable the app uninstalled it then reinstalled the app the same thing? any ideas what I can do now?

Replies
us Vincent Spingola Replied 4 years ago

Oh Sorry, what I found out is that my virus scanner for Avira had put an extension called Avira Browser Safty once I disable it everything worked just fine. I'm just glad it was not more serious than that.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Vincent,
we're still waiting for your answer.

Vincent,
I'd appreciate if you would not only share your issues, but your solutions, too. It's likely that other people will run into the same problem, thus letting us at least know which virus scanner was involved can't be a bad idea.

Hi Bob
Thank You I did some digging it was my virus scanner stopping the ad's in the center section, thank you, I can deal with it now.

German Bob Weston Replied 4 years ago

Vincent,
are you using AdBlock Plus on Firefox?
If so, disable it for the site you want to see the ads on.

Vincent,
I have verified AdsInserter 1.4 to work flawlesslyy with the latest Firefoxes (81.0) on
Windows10, Linux (Peppermint Ubuntu based Desktop) and Android 11.

So I would need more details to track down what's going wrong on your site. See
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

Good evening ~Z~ Man
Nice work, on the upgrade on Adinserter 1.4, however, it works GREAT on Google Chrome but on firefox, it does not work?? Any Thoughts?

Hi Vincent,
LinkPreview is trying to fetch some additional information from the site you're linking to.
Trying, because it depends on the site's configuration what you'll get back.
It can be company logo, a slogan, etc. ... or just nothing.

AdsInserter 1.4 is available now which should fix your issues.
Thanks again for reporting.

Actually I am running LinkPreview as far as anything else I am new to OSSN. For instance I logged onto my site this morning and saw one sponsored link in the center post area, did a refresh and the link disappeared? If LinkPreview has something to do with this, what does LinkPreview actually do?

Actually I can confirm issues with posts containing more than just text.
Are you running extra components like LinkPreview or anything else which has an impact on newfeed postings?