Members are receiving wrong notifications.

Alexandre Barbosa Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Members are receiving wrong notifications. We receive notifications (lots of that) about other profiles as they were our profile. Exemplos: "Edson26 commented your profile photo" (but when I click it does not show my profile photo, but others profile photo. It happens all the time. Each person who liked that beautfull girl profile appear to me a notification (lots, because lots of people liked that profile). But it´s not only about photo, it is about other things too, like, comments, profile cover, etc. Thanks for the help!

Replies
Hungarian Tamás Varga Replied 2 years ago

I don’t know if this is a general problem, but I also get occasional notifications that they like my answer, but that’s not my answer. When a lot of people like something, it comes with a lot of false liking. OSSN 6.1

Breton Alexandre Barbosa Replied 3 years ago

I Will try the new version. Thanks Arsalan!

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I'll check this for you

Breton Alexandre Barbosa Replied 3 years ago

I´m running version 5.5. I was running an older version, so I made the upgrade to 5.5 few months ago. I noticed a strange thing after the upgrade. Some pictures were note appearing (profile and wall), other pictures were appearing ok. So, taking a look at the file manager in cpanel, I noticed that the pictures that were not appearing were located in another folder with the same name of the database folder, where the only difference was that had a hifen after the folder (ossndata = original database folder / ossndata- = new folder that appeared). So I copied the files and folders of that new folder to de original one and everything worked ok (the pictures were now appearing ok). But now I have this new problem with the notification. I hope my explanation is not confused. Thanks!

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Which OSSN version are you running?