How to migrate data and user database?

Allon Prooit Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

I just installed a new version of OSSN 5.6 on my website. I have a earlier OSSN 5.0 version also installed. I need to find a way to transfer all of my data from the earlier to the newer. Any thoughts?
Old OSSN 5.0 installation
New OSSN 5.6 installation

Replies
us Allon Prooit Replied 3 years ago

Sorry Arsalan, I meant when you go to do your upgrade, you need to hold off turning off the OssnLikes component until the end or the site will crash. You have to go into the database and turn OssnLikes back on (1) and then your cache to off (0) before the site will come back up, at least that's the issue I had. As for videos, the issue was remedied by upgrading the video component via the Configure > Videos section in the admin panel.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I am sorry but I am bit confused there is no where its being said to disable OssnLikes. What is the issue with videos? Are you sure that your files are still in place for ossn data folder?

Ok, so I went ahead and did the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.6. Everything went well enough. The only thing I lost were my videos. If you have any ideas as to how to recover them it would be much appreciated. Also, please advise people to leave OssnLikes on until all other components are off when preparing for the upgrade. You can see the newest version of the 3NCIRCLE N37WORK here... N37WORK.3NCIRCLE.COM

You must take backup of database, data directory and existing 5.0 files. In case something is wrong you can restore it. Many people forgot to take backup of data directory. So there are 3 things that need backup.

Ok, well I wanted to see if I would be happy with OSSN 5.6 before I made any attempts to upgrade my OSSN 5.0 installation. I have over 1500 members on my site and over 2 years worth of posts. I was concerned about losing data and users in any upgrade attempt.

What you have done is completely opposite of upgrade instructions. You can no able to achieve what you wrote above.
You can only upgrade from old to new version.
Restore your website and follow : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/708/how-to-upgrade-ossn