mark price Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

hi everyone Ive uploaded ossn version 2.3 but signup button is not working. user can put their details but it wont register. IM a beginner at web building could someone please help.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago
us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

I have two question for you.

1. Are you trying to login with you e-mail address or with your user name?

2> If you are using you e-mail address, Did you download the email login component?

If you are trying to login with your e-mail address and you do not have the email login component installed that is your problem now.

You can get the component here.

http://community.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/420/email-login

Mark price Replied 9 years ago

Hi steve I've tried to contact syed unfortunately an error message reads:

SOMETHING WENT WRONG RELOAD PAGE. Don't know what else to do.

If you could please take a look at my site, register & wait for a confirmation email maybe my configurations are incorrect or not have webmail client.

thanks.

@Mark Price,

Syed Arsalan Hussain is the one to get to check out your problem with the login...He is the main Dev for the OSSN project.

What is your website address?

Hi steve
Ive uploaded & enabled validation component I have also created an email account for my site via the customer free hosting. Ive attempted to signup using several email accounts but again once the submit button is pressed it just tries to send only. I dont know what im doing wrong could you please help.

Thanks.

Thanks Steve Ill give it a try

No it is working it is just the program is trying to send them a validation email and if you do not have a mail server set up to do that you will need the validation component or you will have to validate them yourself in the admin panel.

But if you want the auto validation component is here.

http://community.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/243/user-auto-validation

All you have to do is download it then in control panel you will see on the left side components and below that install click install then on the right side you will see install with a windows click on that then go to where your download is then click on that then click on upload then it will install...Then click on componenets then go down to where you see the auto conformation then enable it...then who ever signs up will be able to use your site...The ones that have already signed up you will have to validate them yourself.

I hope this helps