Follow User Function Like Facebook

William Shoap Posted in General Discussion 3 years ago

I have had over 100 users sign up in 2 days, All of them coming from Facebook. One of the things they ask for is a “Follow User” user function like Facebook has.

Replies
Portuguese ZeMaria Sousa Replied 1 year ago

I agree. The funcionality of FOLLOW is like TWITTER.

• Facebook relies on friendship that needs to be agrred by both.
  • TWITTER relies on fllowing. People listen to others, just like in a
    public square. This is good for potitians.

I think that if this script can offer both funcionalities will be great!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

I think Ossn's basic idea of a community is simply "just the other way round".
Instead of explicitely allowing other members to see your stuff, you have to explicitely disallow those parts you don't want to make public.
That's the default, and it is making sense to me. I mean, I wouldn't ask for membership in a community in order to NOT share anything, right?

us William Shoap Replied 3 years ago
  1. A user would have to enable follow on their profile
  2. When they enable follow, they specify whether only friends can follow or the public can follow
  3. They also specify who can comment on their posts (whether just friends or public)
  4. Follow allow people who follow you to see your posts without you having to approve a two-sided relationship. If person A wants to see person B’s posts, they can follow person B. A will see B’s posts, but B won’t see a thing from A outside of any comments and likes they leave, assuming those are allowed. If B wants to see what A posts, they can follow A as well, or they can initiate a friend relationship.

5. Follows are also instant. When A follows B, B doesn’t need to approve it. This is in contrast to a friend request, which must be submitted by one party and approved by the other before it takes place.

6. Person A will see person B's posts on their feed.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

and what exactly does this follow shows?