Delete function does not work consistantly

Philip Lozier Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Over the past several days, as membership has began to grow, there have been several occasions the "delete" function has been needed. it only seems to work about 30% of the time no matter if used by the original poster, an account with admin status, or an account with moderator status applied from the premium component. It doesn't work with posts, videos, or comments most of the time. Details? It just doesn't work as it's supposed to.

Regards,

Phil

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

Yea... 2.5 fixes it. Thought I had put that in already, but I guess with chasing other things all around in there, rather than putting the content on the site I want to, things get overlooked. Who would, and how could I be expected to, think a mentions component would effect the deletes? Gets rather confusing when one thing breaks another. Oh well... at least that's fixed. Thank you for looking into it. The offer to contribute to your beer fund is still open.

Regards,

Phil

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Yes, because the Mention UI component throws a javascript error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: mentionUI is not defined

Disable it for now and Deletes should start working again
Or update to 2.5 as already suggested by me 5 days ago:
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/4844/mentions-ui

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Ok to again confirm you mean admin can not delete posts of other users? some time it works and other time it didn't? (you are talking about admin only)

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Shah... correct. Not as post owner admin, or moderator. Includes posts, comments, and videos. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

So you can not delete normal posts as a post owner? It works some times but not work other time?